Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Favorite Sourdough ~ Seeded Norwich Sourdough

So, it turns out that Susan's favorite sourdough is also MY favorite sourdough. I love that recipe, it just works every time. This loaf was made with less started, indeed, so I am going to report the steps I have made differently and refer to Susan @ Wild Yeast for the detailed procedure, which you can find here.

I used half of all the ingredients listed in the original recipe, except that I did not realize that I did not have enough starter until I mixed all the other ingredients. But, despite my last failure I felt brave and tried to mix it anyway and allowed more time to rise.
Specifically, with my kitchen being not more than 65F, a total of 3.5 hours for the second rise.

Furthermore in one of the loafs I added a mix of seeds (puppy, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and fennel, which I would omit the next time) between the first and the second rise.











Linked up to:
Around My Family Table
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Vegetarian Foodie Fridays 
YeastSpotting
 



Photobucket


Get Healthy Cheap

6 comments:

Miz Helen said...

This looks like a wonderful bread recipe. I have put this on my "to cook" list.
Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Yum, something to make with my new starter, thanks.

Melodie said...

What a beautiful bread. Many thanks for sharing it at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

Lisa said...

There's nothing I like better than a good artisan bread. I even like eating bread over sweets. Your sourdough bread looks perfect.

Wendy said...

What a great twist on traditional sour dough...yum! Thanks for linking up to Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table. Hope to see you again this week.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Yum! I love sourdough bread!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!