Sunday, January 31, 2010
I have a new obsession: baking. It has been going on for a while now and I am making bagels right now! I will post the recipe tomorrow, and maybe pictures. I posted an pretty neat feed about baking with lots of techniques, tips and recipes. Hope you'll enjoy it.
Servings: 2 (4-5 mini pancakes)
- 1/4 cup of farmer cheese*
- 1/4 cup of organic whole milk
- 1 cage-free egg
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- Butter to grease the pan
- Organic maple syrup, unsweetened jam or honey to serve
- Whisk together farmer cheese, milk, egg, sugar, vanilla and salt in this order. Add flour, baking powder and lemon zest until all ingredients are blend into a thick batter.
- Drop the pancake batter on a hot, greased pan, two at a time. When a couple of bubbles appear on the surface, gently flip pancakes and cook until golden (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve side-up with maple syrup, jam (e.g., raspberry, strawberry) or honey.