The flavor of lemon zest and ginger are perfectly combined with the withe chocolate to give this cookie an irresistible, sophisticated flavor.
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of butter or vegetable substitute* (softened, cubed, unsalted)
- 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract (avoid vanilla flavor)
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp of grated fresh ginger (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of crystallized ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (optional, to garnish)
- Combine flour, sugar and salt to form a fountain on the counter. Add butter and pinch the butter to incorporate the flour until dough resembles coarse meal.
- Then add vanilla, ginger (both fresh and crystallized) and chocolate chips and mix delicately until well combined. Do no knead the dough to much to avoid gummy texture.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to the counter and roll it about 1/2 inch thick. Use a small glass, a cookie cutter or simply a knife to cut about 24 cookies. The knife is really easy and fast and could shape your cookies in geometric forms such as squares or diamonds.
- Place the cookies in a buttered and floured pan and bake at 250°F in a preheated oven. Let the cookies cool on a rack and sprinkle them with powdered sugar, if you want.