Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lemon kefir ice cream



I had some extra kefir ready and I've always wanted to use it in a recipe that does not require cooking it, for avoiding to destroy the beneficial bacteria. Searching the web I found this lemon kefir ice cream on chocolate & zucchini. The flavor and aromas of this ice cream were very strong. I did not have any fruit when I made it, but I think it would go well with peaches or berries. Here's my version of the recipe.






Ingredients:

  • 1 2/3 cups of kefir
  • The zest of one organic lemon
  • 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/3 cup of honey
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp of white rum

Preparation:

  • Combine all the ingredients together and mix with a whisk, until well blended. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and freeze in the ice cream maker, according to the manufacturing instructions. 
  •  
  • If you do not have an ice cream maker, put the ice cream in the freezer and mix every 45 minutes until ready (about 5 hours). 
  •  
  • Or you can follow the instructions in this video.
  •  




No comments: