Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Veggie BBQ

Who said that vegetarians cannot have a satisfactory BBQ experience? Well, of course if you stick with cardboard veggie burgers and nothing else, do not expect much from your grill. Surprisingly, one of my most satisfactory experiences came from when I did not have much in the fridge. That pushed me to try new, unexpected veggies on the grill (e.g., broccoli and cauliflower). Here's a coupe of pics.

Easy tips
Slice broccoli with the stem. Add oil and salt.
Wrap cauliflower in aluminum foil. Add butter and salt.
Any vegetable though would work.





A marinade with tofu is preferable, but oil and salt works as well. I also grilled seitan (I will post recipes on how to make homemade seitan soon), with the same marinade, it was really delicious. Try this sauce:




1/2 cup of mustard
2 tbsp of capers
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt an pepper to taste
 

”tuesdaytwister”

No comments: